The Chris Top Program
Working On Being Awesome World Wide
Working On Being Awesome
w o b a
Can a person be Awesome? No matter how hard WE try or how many of our friends try to convince us they are Awesome, it isn't possible. Sounds like a terrible choice for a mission statement doesn't it? Why pursue something unattainable? In other words we should lower our standards, maybe set goals we can easily reach? If you want every decision and each breath you take to be ordinary that is fine. Nothing wrong with ordinary, we are all surrounded by it and for the most part live it day in and day out. Everyone needs small escapes from the ordinary. We all need injections of remarkable.
Think of Awesome as your childhood hero. Did you want to be your hero or did you want to be LIKE your hero? Could you physically become that person? We can dress like someone else, comb our hair differently, maybe even get some sort of surgery to take on a likeness, but underneath we remain who we are. The stuff underneath should have been our focus in the beginning.
It is our hope you choose to Work On Being Awesome with us each day. Will we ever become Awesome? The answer is no. We can however, achieve Awesome acts, take on Awesome goals and accomplish them. Never work on being something you are not, instead focus on being you. Focus on your Awesome acts infecting others and spreading world wide. We all want to be remembered. Be remembered for making a difference in at least one life...now thats Awesome.
We may never be Awesome but we can sure fill our lives with it.
1. Make mistakes!!! Make GIANT mistakes but learn from them. Own all of your actions and view each mistake as a stepping stone in the direction of Awesome.
2. Hand out at least a smile each day. The person on the elevator may need it more than we know. It's always nice to graduate to an Awesome laugh when we can :)
3. Everyone NEEDS to Love and be Loved. Make sure it's the right word for the occasion. If you like someone DO NOT tell them you Love them. Love is Awesome after all.
4. A little optimism goes a long way on our journey. Always make the best out of every situation. Things WILL get better and then better becomes Awesome.
5. Not always easy to forgive but it sure is an Awesome feeling when we do.
6. Share your time with people who are important to you and always remember they are doing the same. Listening to friends or helping a family member out during difficult times is always an Awesome act of kindness.
7. Never assume someone or something special to us will always be around. Be thankful and never take life for granted. That is how we walk in the footprints of Awesome.
8. Remember what is important. Ever been in the middle of an argument and forgot why the argument started? It wasn't important. When we figure out what IS important in life it becomes an Awesome feeling.
9. Remember your first kiss? It felt like the magic of Christmas and the excitement of Independence Day crammed into your lips. Experience those Awesome moments as much as you can. It could be the feeling you get when you bake a cake or drive a fast car. Find your first kiss moment and make it happen.
10. Tell others you are Working On Being Awesome. Our friends will help and maybe even come along for the ride.
11. None of us are ever alone. We are all a work in progress.